Wednesday, October 14, 2009

built-in obsolescence

my xbox started acting up last nite. while playing, the screen suddenly went green and pixelated. Since my daughter wrecks havoc on my discs i assumed it was due to a bad disc, so i took it out, and cleaned it, and restarted my xbox. then when i started it back up, i got sound, but no picture at all.

after googling it i found that it was a pretty common occurance, and a way to remedy it was to force your xbox to overheat(!) so i wrapped it in a few blankets and let it boil. once it got the two flashing red rings, i removed the blankets and waited a few secs and restarted it. It worked. (but i hear from others that it WILL go down sooner or later, once you get this symptom, its basically a dead xbox walking. I still got warranty tho, so im not stressing about it.

1 comment: